Corporate Travel and Travel Risk Coordinator, Corporate Services, New York
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 60 years. Headquartered in New York, with offices in over 30 cities around the world, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, as well as asset and wealth management. The firm provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, and foreign exchange markets, as well as a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and recapitalization, and other advisory services, with all businesses operating in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Our Principal Locations are New York, London, Frankfurt, and Hong Kong.
Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company.
The global Travel and Travel Risk Coordinator will provide corporate travel risk and travel operations support for the safety and security of Jefferies’ business travelers and seamless operations for the firm. This role offers the opportunity to maintain best practices and improve where applicable for delivery of excellent care, streamlining and automating operational processes, and working closely with internal clients and stakeholders for duty of care and support.
This position reports to the Head of Travel & Expense.
- Support programmatic success for Travel, Travel Risk, and T&E
- Evolve to become a subject matter expert in travel and travel risk with a clear goal of creating and supporting the best programs tailored to Jefferies technology platforms and training staff as required
- Promote travel and travel risk department initiatives, draft individual, departmental, and organization-wide communications including emails, company notes, and intranet posts/documents; create and maintain a support portal site for global staff usage
- Create, conduct, and maintain training for individual or group sessions including resource material such as one-pagers, user guides, training manuals, webinar reference material takeaways, etc.
- Manage compliance with related policies by regularly auditing systems and data
- Ad hoc projects and duties as needed
- Support day-to-day and programmatic activities related to Travel Risk
- Monitor and handle all travel risk related events or incidents, as a single point of contact for triage, approvals, travel incident and crisis management, review and liaise with internal and external parties to full resolution
- Provide safety and security services in conjunction with Jefferies’ third-party Travel Risk Management provider including but not limited to, pre-travel briefings, ongoing training, travel risk platform management/guidance/reporting, post-travel debriefs, and additional security controls, where required
- Create and update Jefferies safety, security, and travel management policies and procedures in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Assist with ongoing COVID and non-COVID related event planning and travel risk management
- Ensure risk mitigation through regular review of insurance policies and make recommendations for improvement
- Crisis and incident management specific to travel situations, including timely communications internally and externally
- Ensure at every opportunity that travelers are protected and the firm’s Duty of Care is being met
- Manage the relationship and program with Jefferies’ third-party Travel Risk Management provider including contractual and service levels, issue resolution, invoicing, and development
- Support day-to-day and programmatic activities of the T&E department
- Support T&E technology including SAP Concur Travel and third-party technology platforms
- Support internal relationships and issue resolution with travelers, administrative assistants, and business heads
- Coordinate capture, analysis, and delivery of accurate and timely reporting for program compliance, controls, and strategic solutions and initiatives
- Support vendor partnerships by ensuring service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) are monitored, upheld, and actioned where necessary; ensure invoices are handled appropriately
- Support strategic global sourcing program across vendors, policy development and oversight, and spend management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- 0-1 years of experience
- Interest in corporate travel, travel risk management, security management, or international operations
- Willingness to work Eastern Time Zone (ET) business hours and flexible hours that accommodate international staff and travelers, as needed; the expectation is that there will be occasions in which you will need to work outside of normal business hours
- Ability to analyze, review existing processes, and understand technology challenges in order to identify risks and opportunities for improvement across travel and travel risk
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills necessary to build relationships and positively influence decision making at all levels internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple complex projects
- Ability to work cohesively in a team, as well as independently
- Comfortable making sound decisions, exercising discretion, taking ownership, earning the trust of leadership, and delivering results with a cool, level-headed approach; ability to act and react calmly and feel confident to make the right decision at the right time
- Fluency in end user experience, configuration, and troubleshooting of corporate travel (SAP Concur) and travel risk tools, global distribution systems, and/or other corporate travel platforms is a plus
- Strong computer skills with proficient knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity, Reasonable Accommodations and COVID
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences, and supporting a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity workplace. We practice equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, covered veteran or military status, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. In accordance with applicable law, we are dedicated to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. Please inform your recruiter should you require accommodations throughout your application process.
It is Jefferies’ policy that all employees be fully vaccinated with a booster against COVID-19 in order to enter any Jefferies office or participate in any Jefferies or client event in person. Should an offer of employment be made, your acceptance of that offer means that you will comply with this policy. You will be advised of your anticipated schedule to be in the office should we move forward with the offer. Please note that all visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter a Jefferies office.”
This opportunity is closed to applications.