Tax Off Cycle Internship - New York and Jersey City
Jefferies’ Tax Department is looking for a year-round Tax Accounting Intern, to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (flexible hours during the school year). The student filling this position will gain exposure to a wide range of important duties, such as:
- Data analysis and entry.
- Prepare tax returns and related reports to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local, and international tax statutes and regulations.
- Assist with the Firm's tax provision for purposes of its quarterly and year-end earnings release and financial statement filings.
- Prepare detailed state apportionment schedules for the Firm’s various business units and joint ventures.
- Perform research on various tax issues.
- Assist with tax audits.
- Handle tax notices from various tax authorities and proposing suggested responses/strategies.
- Assist team with day to day duties.
- Ability to learn new areas and concepts quickly, and thrive in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment.
- Proven project management skills.
- Team player with strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Tax or Accounting with a graduation date from December 2023 - June 2024.
- Willingness and ability to work additional hours, as needed.
Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity, Reasonable Accommodations and COVID
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences, and supporting a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity workplace. We practice equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, covered veteran or military status, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. In accordance with applicable law, we are dedicated to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. Please inform your recruiter should you require accommodations throughout your application process.
It is Jefferies’ policy that all employees and visitors be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to enter any Jefferies office or participate in any Jefferies or client event in person. Should an offer of employment be made, your acceptance of that offer means that you will comply with this policy.
This opportunity is closed to applications.