2022 Risk Management Associate - Fixed Income, Market Risk, New York
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. Headquartered in New York, with offices in over 30 cities around the world, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, as well as wealth management. The firm provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities markets, and a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and recapitalization, and other advisory services, with all businesses operating in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Recent Awards and Acknowledgements
- One of the World’s Most Admired Companies - Fortune Magazine
- Most Innovative Investment Bank for Growth Companies - The Banker
- One of the 100 Best Companies to Work For - The Sunday Times of London
- Best Place to Work of the Decade in the Global Financial Markets - Here Is The City
Job Description: Member of market risk management team for traded credit. Product scope to include Investment Grade, High Yield, Leveraged Loans, Distressed, Index and Credit E-Trading. The crux of the risk function is to understand and highlight key changes in risk and to implement a market risk framework. Great opportunity for growth.
- Engage with trading desks regarding market developments, trading strategies, positioning, risk profile change and limit usage.
- Communicate key risk changes, market activity and P/L drivers.
- Monitor market risks through the review of portfolio risk sensitivities, VaR, stress scenario analysis; as well as sector/single name analysis.
- Participate in deep dive analyses on products and/or trading strategies as warranted.
- Assess new products and propose frameworks for managing associated risks.
- Develop and implement appropriate stress scenarios.
- Perform projects involving coverage area.
- Actively participate in weekly risk meetings.
- Design/improve risk reports.
- Test/onboard new technologies as appropriate.
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues from other global market risk teams, in addition to other support functions, including Middle Office, Operations, Compliance, Technology, and Product Control.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with strong attention to detail.
- Curiosity and self-motivation to develop expertise in financial products, markets, and risk management practices.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and prioritize tasks, meet deadlines.
- Team player who is also a resourceful self-starter.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Financial Engineering, or Engineering.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience, knowledge of market risk concepts such as VaR, stress testing, sensitivities, credit analysis.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, VBA programming and SQL database queries.
Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity, Reasonable Accommodations and COVID
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences, and supporting a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity workplace. We practice equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, covered veteran or military status, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. In accordance with applicable law, we are dedicated to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. Please inform your recruiter should you require accommodations throughout your application process.
It is Jefferies’ policy that all employees be fully vaccinated with a booster against COVID-19 in order to enter any Jefferies office or participate in any Jefferies or client event in person. Should an offer of employment be made, your acceptance of that offer means that you will comply with this policy. You will be advised of your anticipated schedule to be in the office should we move forward with the offer. Please note that all visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter a Jefferies office.
This opportunity is closed to applications.