2024 Finance Analyst - London
Jefferies is a leading global, full-service investment banking and capital markets firm that provides advisory, sales and trading, research and wealth and asset management services. With more than 40 offices around the world, we offer insights and expertise to investors, companies, and governments.
What you can expect:
Jefferies Analysts have the unique opportunity to gain insight into a global, client-focused investment bank and experience an entrepreneurial environment where employees have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and are rewarded for performance. Our lean team structure will not only provide you with unparalleled hands-on experience, but it will also help you develop lasting personal and professional relationships with peers and senior professionals that will serve as the foundation for a successful career.
Following an enriching induction and training program, Analysts will begin working on their day-to-day responsibilities, with support from colleagues serving as both instructors and mentors throughout the Analyst program. Additionally, Analysts will receive regular feedback as a way to help maximize your experience with us.
Analysts are challenged to think creatively, offer their input, and add value to the team from day one. As with everyone at Jefferies, Analysts are expected to pursue their projects with excellence, a collaborative spirit, and with the highest levels of integrity.
The role will be a flexible 2-year rotational program comprised of 4 x 6-month rotations, with further exposure to the wider firm, to give the successful candidate a well-rounded experience and the change to develop their skillset across all aspects of Controllers. The program also sponsors the candidate for either the Certificate in Business Accounting (CIMA) or the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification – leading certifications recognised in every major market.
Key responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Recording, analysing and reconciling of financial data
- Providing forecasting support
- Preparing reports and projections based on analysis
- Preparing reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management reports
- Conducting research and reporting on factors influencing business performance
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations
- Analysing market changes and conducting comparable analyses
- Supporting the team with the independent price verification process (IPV)
- Providing support with budgeting and forecasting activities
- Providing support with new products and system implementations
- Managing balance sheet and legal entity analyses and reporting
- Monitoring policies and procedures
- Monitor controls across all legal entities
- Maintaining knowledge and adhering to compliance and regulation policies
What we look for in a candidate:
- You should have a strong academic background and graduating in 2024
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaborate as part of a dynamic fast-paced team
- Ability to work under pressure and in an organised manner to meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of financial markets and a desire to build a career in Financial Services
- Adaptability, ability to multitask and manage a variety of projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Broad understanding of financial markets and/or accounting
- Project management skills a plus
- Self-motivated and eager to make an impact
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- We hire graduates across a variety of disciplines with strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodations
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences and supporting a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity workplace. We practice equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, ancestry, colour, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, national origin, marital, family and social status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, religion, trade union membership or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. In accordance with applicable law, we are dedicated to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. Please inform your recruiter should you require accommodations throughout your application process.
Please read the Jefferies’ COVID-19 Policy – APAC/EMEA.
This opportunity is closed to applications.